Kneesworth House offers purpose built services with medium secure, low secure, and both locked and open rehabilitation opportunities. Based in Hertfordshire in spacious grounds, Kneesworth House Hospital offers a range of specialist recovery pathways, all at one site.
The wide range of care settings maximises the opportunity for patients to have step down pathways and move easily between care settings to whatever level of security is most appropriate for their care
Kneesworth House Hospital is in the unique position, as a multi-faceted service, to offer complete discharge pathways to its patients. All patients are offered a 12 week individualised treatment timetable, which includes a range of clinical therapies and specialist MDT input.
Our pathways include:
- Male Learning Disability Service Discharge Pathway
- Male Mental Health Service Discharge Pathway
- Female Mental Health Service Discharge Pathway
Care is provided by an experienced multi-disciplinary team, individualised to patient needs and geared to develop coping skills, improved independence and skills useful to the patient following discharge.
Kneesworth House Hospital offers a wide range of clinical therapies, based on an Individual Needs Assessment. Therapies are delivered both individually and on a group working basis. Therapies include:
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Substance misuse treatment programme
- Management of sexual problematic behaviour programme: Developing New Me Part I Foundation programme and Staying Strong Part 2 Treatment programme
- Fire setting treatment group: Developing New Me Part I foundation programme and Part 2 Treatment Programme)
- Various psychoeducational and skills enhancing group programmes
- Violence offending interventions
- Various therapeutic models in individual therapy such as DBT, CBT & Schema therapy
Our therapy team consists of:
- Occupational therapists
- Nursing team
- Social workers
Employment and Vocational Service (EVOS) Centre:
- Patients work towards nationally recognised educational qualifications
- Real work opportunities help prepare people for life beyond hospital
Adult Recreational Centre (ARC):
- Patients can participate in a range of social groups and activities, occupational therapy sessions, leisure activities and a range of weekend events.
- Rehabilitation kitchens
- Library, DVD library and computer room
- Outdoor and indoor gym and fitness facilities including swimming pool and pure essence pampering and massages
- A wide range of sporting activities to access including yoga, tennis, football, volleyball, badminton and other team activities which help to promote physical and mental health
Iona Oughton, Regional Therapies Director, has a BSc Occupational Therapy and is completing an MSc Management. She has more than 27 years of experience in nursing and psychiatric care.
Gary Stobbs, RMN Dip HE and Health Services Management qualified in 1997. He has 19 years of senior experience in specialist mental health services. He worked as a Community Psychiatric Nurse, then joined a private provider as a Ward Manager for acute and PICU services. From 2003 he managed Locked Rehabilitation Services including having commissioned a 23-bed female service in Birmingham and being appointed Regional Operations Manager in 2008, holding this role until 2012 when he joined PiC as registered manager for North London Clinic. Gary took up the role of Hospital Director at Kneesworth House Hospital in March 2016.